Thursday, February 3, 2011

Giving Blood

One of the major issues that the American Red Cross speaks out about and supports is giving blood.  The need for people to give blood is higher right now than it has been in a while.  With the weather and flu-bugs going around this season, many blood drives have been cancelled. This in turn decreases the amount of blood being donated by many willing people out there.  I myself am a donor.  I just donated about a month ago.  I encourage all people who can and are willing to donate their blood and time to participate in this great gift. After donating blood, I feel a tremendous amount of gratitude, and I feel as if I did something extremely beneficial for the ones in need.  I tend to ponder on the fact of what if I someday need a blood transfusion due to a dangerous motor vehicle accident, I would want blood to be there for me to help me save my life.

2 comments:

  1. Very well said. The gift of blood is often over looked. I wish that I could give blood, but I lived in Germany and I ate beef over there when the mad cow disease was just beginning. Now the Red Cross won't take your blood if you lived overseas during certain years. Keep on giving, it really is a small sacrifice for something that can save a life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I defiently agree with you and feel the same way. I was so scared when I did it the first time but afterwards felt very happy for those three people that I saved. I can't do it anymore because of the new regulations. I'm glad you did it though!

    ReplyDelete