Thursday, February 10, 2011

Illustration writing- "You don't know what you've got til its gone"

The statement "You don't know what you've got til its gone" by Joni Mitchell is a great statement to live by.  I actually live by this statement in my own life today.  In 2001, my grandma passed away.  I was 9-years-old when she passed, and this was the first death that I really had to deal with.  With being only nine years of age, I had not experienced many people that were close to me dying.  With her passing, it really opened my eyes, and I realized that you shouldn't take every moment for granted. The nine years that I did spend with my grandma were some great years.  Many memories were made that I will always remember and cherish.  Although we had numerous memories that were made, I wish more were created. If I would've known that my grandmother was going to die that March, I would have spent more time with her and captured more memories with her.  Looking back on my past I realize that you don't know what you've got or how great you may have something until it's gone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment